Chocolate Freezer Fudge
This chocolate freezer fudge is my secret weapon. It is loaded with nutrient-dense healthy fats, tastes AMAZING and takes no time to make. There is no shortage of freezer fudge recipes on the internet but most of them contain added sweeteners. Although sugar and sweeteners such as stevia are fine in moderation, they can disrupt your hormones and pave the way for more cravings and weight gain. The best part about this fudge is that thanks to natural sweetness from the coconut butter (pureed coconut), it doesn't even need any sweetener! Using coconut butter is one of my favorite hacks for making healthy treats without any sweetener (like my sugar-free almond butter cups) as well as amping up the nutrient density (coconut butter is loaded with fiber and lauric acid, which has incredible anti-bacterial and immune-boosting properties.
I love enjoying this fudge as a healthy snack to tide me over until my next meal or as a soothing dessert (there is just something perfect about something cold and chocolatey after a meal!). With no suspect ingredients and packed with nourishing, healthy fats, it's the perfect treat for anytime of day!
PALEO / GLUTEN-FREE / DAIRY-FREE / KETO
MAKES: 14 pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut butter *
- 1/2 cup runny almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Sea salt / pink Himalayan salt for sprinkling
* Coconut butter is solid at room temperature so to liquify, just stick the jar in a pot of hot water or pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds and stir.
- Add an inch or so of water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Combine the coconut butter, almond butter and coconut oil in an ovenproof glass or stainless steel bowl and place over top of the saucepan to create a makeshift double broiler. Stir everything together until combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cacao powder, breaking up any clumps.
- Spoon the mixture into a silicone ice cube tray and sprinkle salt to taste over top.
- Place the tray into the freezer to set for about an hour.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the freezer for when a chocolate craving strikes!